Thread: Argent drumsets

Thanks

Default Argent drumsets

Hey, My birthday just passed and i looked on ebay and found a drumset made by argent. It was only $269. $330 With shipping and insurance. The kit should be to my house within this week. The thing is is im down here at my grandparents house for two weeks so i wont get to play it. And i was wondering for feedback on if anyone knows if the argent drums are good or not. And i payed 200 my granparents paye the other 330 for the set.But im just wondering if this is a good beginner set or if itll be a set ill be able to keep for a long time and just replace a few things. And how is the bass on the set if you have used it. Thanks for any feedback bye.

Thanks

Sadly to say, I've never heard of the company, let alone played one, so I'm as up in the air as you are. Never the less, please do tell us about it when you get it! I'm interested.

Thanks

Default Argent

Blazen;
    I have an Argent snare drum. It is low end, but actually has a good sharp crack to it.
    As far as I know, Argent made middle of the road quality stuff. However, judging from my snare you will probably like your new kit. The price was right too.
    Enjoy!!! Dave @ DCS

Thanks

Default Re: Argent

So pretty much its a good beginner set? And its also a new 2003 stlye set from them. Think they make any better of a set then they used to? And in all in all is the set somthing ill be able to keep for a while without cracks getting in the shells and lugs breaking and all that fun stuff? thanks for the replys and i go home this saturday to test the kit out. peace

Thanks

Hey everyone i am finally home. And have had the chance to set my new and first drumset. The finishing wrap on it i guess they call it is a nice blue color. Bright how i wanted it. So i got home and notice the box in my room and i was starving for food AND what do i do i opened it up and set it up. Now i was setting it up to notice i got a bigger bass drum then i should of had it was a 22 by 16 instead of 22 by 14. So anyway i set it up and played it today. The bass on this thing is deeper then i thought. it has a nice low end sound just how i wanted. The toms have a nice sound also. And the snare has a good chick sound as everyong calls it. I was also suprised at the heads. very surprised. Poeple say custom heads on drums usually make a terrible sound and dont sound right. The heads on this thing are quite good. veryy good in fact. i dont know if theyll last long but there good lol. The bass drum pedal is also good surprissingly. The only things im shady about are the throne that came with it and the hi-hat and cymbal stand. So besides those three things this setup is a very good buy. Ill try to mabyt get a midi sample. to see what you guys think on it. till then ttyl

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blazendreadlocks
    Hey everyone i am finally home. And have had the chance to set my new and first drumset. The finishing wrap on it i guess they call it is a nice blue color. Bright how i wanted it. So i got home and notice the box in my room and i was starving for food AND what do i do i opened it up and set it up. Now i was setting it up to notice i got a bigger bass drum then i should of had it was a 22 by 16 instead of 22 by 14. So anyway i set it up and played it today. The bass on this thing is deeper then i thought. it has a nice low end sound just how i wanted. The toms have a nice sound also. And the snare has a good chick sound as everyong calls it. I was also suprised at the heads. very surprised. Poeple say custom heads on drums usually make a terrible sound and dont sound right. The heads on this thing are quite good. veryy good in fact. i dont know if theyll last long but there good lol. The bass drum pedal is also good surprissingly. The only things im shady about are the throne that came with it and the hi-hat and cymbal stand. So besides those three things this setup is a very good buy. Ill try to mabyt get a midi sample. to see what you guys think on it. till then ttyl
    Kool!!!!
    So it sounds like you got a good deal and are happy. Enjoy!!!
    Cheers, AU2